Here’s how to make the best grilled squash, charred and seasoned to perfection! It’s easy to grill up this tasty summer side dish.
- 3 medium yellow summer squash (or a mix of squash and small zucchini)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Slice the squash on the bias, about 1/2” thick. Place it in a bowl and mix it with the olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Place the squash directly on the grill grates and grill for about 2 to 3 minutes per side (4 to 6 minutes total), until charred and tender. Taste and add a few pinches of additional salt if necessary.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled squash, How to grill squash