These grilled shrimp tacos are a perfect dinner party recipe or healthy weeknight meal, featuring spiced shrimp, Mexican slaw and a spicy mayo drizzle.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined (we used 26–30 per pound size)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups Mexican Coleslaw (1/4 recipe; or 2 cups shredded red cabbage)
- 8 tortillas
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mexican hot sauce (such as Cholula)
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, for serving
- Preheat a grill to medium-high direct heat (375 to 400 degrees).
- Thaw the shrimp and peel it (if it’s in the shell). In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, and kosher salt.
- Make the Mexican Coleslaw (or shred the cabbage and sprinkle with lime juice and a bit of kosher salt).
- Mix together the mayonnaise and Mexican hot sauce.
- Warm tortillas on grill for 10 seconds per side. Then grill the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until bright pink and cooked through.
- To serve, place the coleslaw into a tortilla and top with grilled shrimp. Drizzle with the spicy mayo and top with torn cilantro leaves and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Grilled shrimp tacos, Grilled shrimp, Shrimp tacos recipe, Shrimp tacos