This grilled shrimp salad is summer dinner at its finest! It’s bursting with flavor, drizzled with a zingy tomato vinaigrette.
- 1 pound large shrimp, tail on and deveined
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 6 to 8 cups baby greens
- 1 avocado (optional)
- Feta cheese crumbles
- 1 recipe Tomato Vinaigrette (or Green Goddess Dressing or Chipotle Ranch Dressing)
- Preheat: Thaw the shrimp, if frozen. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees). If using wooden skewers, soak them for at least 20 minutes while you are preheating and prepping.
- Prep the shrimp: Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel or clean towel. Place it in a bowl and add the olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, celery seed, and kosher salt. Mix to combine. Thread the shrimp onto the skewers, alternating direction of the tails and making the shrimp just touch each other (so they don’t spin when flipping the skewers).
- Prep the vegetables: Cut the pepper into large chunks. Thread it onto skewers with the cherry tomatoes. Brush the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with a few pinches kosher salt.
- Make the vinaigrette: Make the Tomato Vinaigrette (or make it in advance and refrigerate until serving).
- Grill the veggies and shrimp: Place the vegetable skewers directly on the grill and cook 10 minutes, turning several times. In the last 4 minutes, place shrimp skewers directly on the grill and grill 1 to 2 minutes per side, until bright pink and cooked through.
- Assemble the salad: In bowls, place the greens. Top with the grilled shrimp and vegetables (either on the skewers or off). Add sliced avocado and top with a sprinkle of feta cheese. Drizzle with tomato vinaigrette and serve.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Salad
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Grilled shrimp salad