Grilled scallops are so full of flavor! They’re easy to grill and need minimal seasoning to taste irresistibly tender and savory.
- 1 pound medium-sized sea scallops, frozen or fresh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
- Thaw the scallops, if frozen. (See above.)
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Pat the scallops dry with a clean towel or paper towel. Place them in a bowl and mix them with the olive oil, salt, and several grinds of black pepper.
- Place the scallops directly on the grill grates and grill them 2 to 3 minutes until browned on bottom. Flip and grill for 1 to 2 minutes until just opaque.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Diet: Low Calorie
Keywords: Grilled scallops, How to grill scallops