Grilled romaine lettuce is easy to make and adds a delightfully smoky flavor to any salad. Top with Parmesan for a simple appetizer or side dish!
- Preheat a grill. (If you don’t have a grill, you also can use a stovetop grill pan; in that case, skip this step.)
- Wash and dry the romaine. If using romaine heads, remove a few of the outer-most leaves and save for a salad at another time.
- Cut each romaine heart in half lengthwise. Drizzle each side liberally with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and add several pinches kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Place the romaine hearts on the grill, and grill for about 3 minutes on each side, until slightly charred.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese (or Easy Caesar Dressing) and serve immediately.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled romaine, vegetables, grill, summer, side, vegetarian