Grilled red snapper is a stellar summer meal! Here’s how to season and grill this white fish to perfection.
- 1 pound red snapper fillets, (wild caught if possible)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Scant 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (also called pimentón)*
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Bring the fish to room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Pat the fish dry with a clean towel. Rub it with the olive oil and sprinkle it with the kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Mix the smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and celery seed in a small bowl, then pat it on to the fish.
- Grill the fish over indirect heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until it releases from the grates. Flip and cook another 3 to 4 minutes, until the fish is tender and just cooked through (internal temperature is 130-140F).
*If you can’t find it, you can use sweet paprika. But smoked paprika brings the best flavor with a hint of smokiness.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Grilled red snapper