This grilled polenta is perfectly crispy! Serve it with rosemary-infused white beans and tomatoes for a delicious vegetarian Italian recipe.
- 24-ounce tube prepared polenta
- 15-ounce can cannellini beans
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary (do not substitute dried)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the polenta into slices, about 1/2 inch thick. Drain and rinse the beans.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes, and cut them in half. Mince the garlic. Remove the leaves from the rosemary, and finely chop it.
- Over medium high heat, heat a grill pan or nonstick skillet. Brush the pan with olive oil; do the same with both sides of the polenta slices. Place slices in the pan and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove the slices from the pan and cover them to keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and garlic to skillet and sauté 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the beans, the balsamic vinegar, chopped rosemary, freshly ground black pepper, and a few pinches of kosher salt. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- To serve: Place polenta slices on a plate. Spoon the bean and tomato mixture evenly over polenta, and sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese. If desired, garnish with leftover rosemary sprigs.
Adapted from Cooking Light
This recipe works perfectly for two, since there are two distinct cooking tasks. Cook with your significant other, friend, family member – anyone who’s game to spend a bit of time in the kitchen!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Grilled Polenta, Polenta Recipes, Healthy Dinner Ideas, Dinner Ideas, Vegetarian Dinner, Italian Recipes, White Beans