Here’s how to grill pineapple perfectly! It’s so easy and comes out smoky and juicy: serve drizzled with honey or topped with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 medium pineapple
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil (like grapeseed or vegetable)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Honey (or agave syrup), for drizzling
- Finely chopped mint (optional)
- For serving: ice cream or whipped cream (optional), toasted coconut
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Cut off the pineapple top and rind. Then cut the pineapple into 3/4” slices, keeping the core intact. In a bowl, mix the pineapple with the oil and salt.
- Place directly on the grill grates and grill 3 to 4 minutes per side (6 to 8 minutes total), turning once, until tender and slightly charred.
- To serve, drizzle with honey and top with finely chopped mint (optional). If you’d like, top with ice cream or whipped cream and toasted coconut. Make sure to eat around the core when enjoying!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Grilled
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Grilled pineapple, How to grill pineapple