Here’s how to make the best grilled green beans! Each bite is tender with a burst of salty, charred flavor: they’re simply irresistible.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees).
- Wash and trim the green beans. Pat them dry with a towel. In a bowl, mix the green beans with the olive oil, kosher salt and plenty of fresh ground black pepper.
- Place the green beans directly on the grill grates and grill for about 4 to 5 minutes per side (8 to 10 minutes total), until charred and tender. (For a less charred result, you can cook them in grill basket for 12 to 14 minutes until tender.)
- Remove the beans from the grill and spritz them with lemon juice from wedges. Taste and add a few more pinches of kosher salt, if needed.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled green beans, How to grill green beans