This grilled eggplant is topped with feta, colorful ripe cherry tomatoes, and a zesty dill herbed quinoa. Here’s how to grill eggplant.
- 1.2 pounds eggplant (1 large or 2 small)
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (one handful)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (one handful)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (one handful)
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Make the quinoa, according to the instructions for Perfect Quinoa or our Instant Pot quinoa method.
- Cut the eggplant into ¾-inch slices, and generously season them with salt. Place the slices in a colander, overlapping as necessary. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes, then pat dry with paper towel (this step helps to remove bitterness from the eggplant prior to grilling).
- Liberally brush cut sides of eggplant with olive oil (about 4 tablespoons total). Place on a grill and cook, turning once, until tender, about 4 minutes a side.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Chop the dill, basil, and cilantro. When the quinoa is done, mix it together with the tomatoes, herbs, feta cheese crumbles, white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and the kosher salt.
- To serve, place two to three eggplant slices on a plate and spoon herbed quinoa and tomato mixture on top.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean Inspired
Keywords: Grilled eggplant, Herbed quinoa,