Smoky, savory and creamy: this grilled corn salad is out of this world! A spin using the flavors Mexican street corn, it’s a salad that makes everyone rave.
- 6 ears corn (about 5 cups kernels)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (or vegan mayo)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (more mayo or cashew cream for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon each chili powder, garlic powder, cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Feta cheese or Cotija cheese crumbles (optional)
- Grill the corn: Heat a grill to medium high heat (375 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit). Shuck the corn. Use your hands to rub oil on each corn cob evenly. Place the corn directly on the grill grates and cook until it begins to blacken, then turn. Cook about 12 to 15 minutes total, until blackened on all sides. (Alternative method: Use a smoker to make Smoked Corn.)
- Cut the corn off the cob: Find a bundt pan, or large rimmed baking sheet or pan. Place the corn into the hole in the bundt pan or hold the corn vertically inside the baking sheet, then use a chef’s knife to slice down and remove the corn from the cob (the sides of the pan catch the kernels that fly when cutting; more details here.)
- Prep the vegetables: Mince the onion. Dice the cherry tomatoes. Finely chop the cilantro.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and kosher salt.
- Serve: Mix together the grilled corn, vegetables, and dressing. If desired, top with feta cheese crumbles (though they’re not needed for flavor!).
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mexican American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Grilled corn salad, Mexican grilled corn salad, Mexican corn salad