Grilled cheese in the oven is a quick way to make lots of sandwiches at once! Baked grilled cheese comes out melty and golden brown.
For each sandwich*
- 2 slices bread
- Butter, for spreading
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread butter on two slices of bread. Place one slice on the baking sheet, butter side down. Top with the shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Add another slice of bread on top, butter side up. Repeat for the other sandwiches (you can cook as many at a time as fit on sheet pans in your oven).
- Bake 6 minutes, then flip and cook another 6 minutes. If not yet browned, alternate sides for 1 minute at a time until browned.
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Sandwich
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Grilled cheese in oven