This beautiful vegan cauliflower steak is topped with black bean and corn salsa, making it a filling grilled dinner idea.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (2 to 3 ears)
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 15-ounce can black beans
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (or mix of cumin, chili powder, and paprika)
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Remove the outer leaves and extended stem from the head of cauliflower. Working from the center, slice across the entire head to create 4 steaks. Steaks can only be made with the florets attached to the core stem. (Florets that detach from the core can be cooked on the side or reserved for another meal.)
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Coat each side of the cauliflower steaks with olive oil, a sprinkle of kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. Grill each side for 3 to 4 minutes until lightly charred.
- For the fresh salsa, cut off the corn, enough for 2 cups kernels. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters. Drain and rinse the black beans. Chop the cilantro. Juice 2 limes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn, tomatoes, black beans, cilantro, lime juice, taco seasoning, 1 pinch kosher salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil,and fresh ground pepper. Stir to combine; taste, and add additional seasonings if desired.
- To serve, place each steak on a plate, and spoon over mounds of fresh salsa.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled cauliflower steak, Grilled cauliflower, How to grill cauliflower, Cauliflower Steaks, Cauliflower Recipes