Grilled Caesar salad is the best summer salad idea! Smoky grilled romaine lettuce with creamy homemade Caesar dressing is pure gold.
For the Caesar dressing (makes 1 cup; this recipe uses about half)
- 1/4 cup Priano Parmesan Italian Cheese, finely grated, plus additional for serving
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1/4 cup Burman’s Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Friendly Farms Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Specially Selected Premium Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Burman’s Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Grilled Caesar Salad
- 4 romaine hearts
- 2 organic avocados
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Kosher salt & pepper
- Preheat a grill to medium high.
- Make the dressing: Grate the Parmesan cheese as finely as possible (it’s helpful to use a microplane or the finest holes in a grater). Grate the garlic, or finely mince it. Juice the lemon. Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Store refrigerated (keeps at least 1 week).
- Prep the romaine and avocado: Wash and dry the romaine. Cut each romaine heart in half lengthwise. Drizzle each side liberally with olive oil. To the top, drizzle with balsamic vinegar, and add several pinches kosher salt and plenty of fresh ground black pepper.
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the pits (see the video for safe pit removal). Season the cut sides of the avocado halves lightly with kosher salt and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill the romaine and avocado: Place the romaine hearts on the grill, and grill for about 3 minutes on each side, until slightly charred. Grill the avocado halves cut sides down for 4 to 6 minutes total, until grill marks form.
- To serve, place romaine halves on individual plates or a serving platter. Garnish with Caesar dressing, chopped cherry tomatoes, dollops of avocado, and Parmesan shavings. Serve with steak knives to make it easy to cut!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled Caesar Salad, Grilled Romaine, Grilled Avocados, How to Grill Romaine, How to Grill Avocados, Caesar Dressing, Salad Dressing, Summer Salad Recipe