Here’s how to make grilled broccoli: it comes out charred, delightfully sweet and crisp tender. The best side dish for a grilled dinner!
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, stem on (about 3 large heads)*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 lemon
- Optional: 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees).
- Wash the broccoli and pat it dry with a towel. Chop it into large florets with long stems so they are easy to turn on the grill (see the photo for approximate size). In a bowl, mix the broccoli with the olive oil, kosher salt, garlic powder, and plenty of fresh ground black pepper.
- Place the broccoli directly on the grill grates and grill for about 6 to 8 minutes until charred and tender, turning once.
- Remove from the grill and spritz with lemon juice from wedges from 1/2 of the lemon. Taste and add a few more pinches of kosher salt, if needed. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Vegetables
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Grilled broccoli