Grilled bananas is a dessert everyone will rave about! Flavored with maple, cinnamon and nutmeg, they’re even better topped with ice cream.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a small bowl, stir the maple syrup, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Leaving the peel on, slice off the stem of the banana peel. Then slice the banana in half lengthwise.
- Brush the cut side of the bananas with 1/2 of the maple syrup mixture.
- Grill cut side down for 3 to 4 minutes until grill marks appear. Flip and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes until softened.
- To serve, scoop the bananas out of their peels with a spoon. Stir the maple mixture, then drizzle it over the tops. Serve with ice cream and chopped pecans.
*Step up the flavors and add 1 tablespoon rum to the mix as well!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled Bananas, How to grill bananas