This green hummus is bright and flavorful healthy snack recipe, featuring green onions, spinach, cilantro and lime. Snacking just got more fun!
For the green hummus*
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (2 limes)
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (can liquid from the chickpeas), plus more as needed
For the garnish
- Olive oil, cilantro leaves, Crispy Chickpeas
- Peel the garlic. Drain the chickpeas into a liquid measuring cup. Juice the limes. Chop the green onions into 1 inch pieces, including the greens.
- Add the garlic, cilantro, green onion, and spinach, to the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add chickpeas, lime juice, tahini, cumin, kosher salt, and water from the chickpea can (aquafaba). Puree for 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl. Taste. If necessary, add 1 to 2 tablespoons aquafaba. Puree for 1 to 2 minutes to come to a creamy consistency. Store refrigerated for 7 to 10 days.
- If desired, top the hummus with cilantro leaves, a drizzle of olive oil, and Crispy Chickpeas. Serve with veggies, pita bread, or crackers (like these homemade crackers!)
*For a spicy version, you could add a bit of jalapeño pepper.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Lebanese
Keywords: Green Hummus, Green Hummus Recipe, Hummus Recipe, Vegan Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Gluten Free Snacks, Party Appetizer Recipe