These Green Goddess salad bowls are all about flavor: tasty grains and grilled veggies smothered in creamy green tahini dressing.
For the Green Goddess salad bowls
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked red or brown rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked red or white quinoa
- 1 large eggplant (about 2 pounds)
- 2 large zucchini (about 2 pounds total)
- 2 red onions
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon za’atar or ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 3 cups baby kale or spainch
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- Any dry, semisoft cheese, such as ricotta salata, cotija or feta, for serving
For the Tahini Green Goddess Dressing (makes 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 1/2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook the rice and quinoa together in 4 cups water, in a rice cooker, or on the stovetop until just tender.
- Cut the eggplant and zucchini into 2-inch pieces. Cut the red onions into eighths.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Toss the eggplant, zucchini, and onions with the oil, za’atar, and salt. Grill, turning once, until tender and nicely charred, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Make the Tahini Green Goddess Dressing: Puree all the ingredients and 2 tablespoons water in a blender until smooth and uniformly green. Serve or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days. (This recipe uses only about 3/4 cup of the dressing, so feel free to make a half recipe if you don’t think you’ll eat it all!)
- Toss the vegetables, kale, and about 1/2 cup of the dressing together in a large bowl. Spoon the warm rice and quinoa into bowls. Scoop the dressed vegetables over the grains. Serve warm, topped with almonds and cheese, with extra dressing on the side.
Reprinted with permission from Every Day is Saturday by Sarah Copeland
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Green goddess salad, Salad bowls, Bowl meal, Green goddess dressing