This green bean potato salad with dill is a beautiful combination of boiled red potatoes and crunchy bright green beans dressed with a tangy vinaigrette.
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 pound green beans
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles (optional)
- Start a large pot of salted water to boil
- Meanwhile, wash the potatoes and chop them into bite-sized pieces. Wash the green beans and chop off the ends. Coarsely chop the fresh dill. Finely chop the shallot, then place it in a small bowl with the sherry vinegar to sit.
- When the water comes to a boil, place the potatoes in boiling water for a total of about 14 minutes. Prepare a bowl of ice water for the green beans (see next step).
- In the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking the potatoes, add the green beans and let them cook until just tender and still bright green. After the 2 to 3 minutes, immediately remove the beans from the water and place them into the bowl of ice water (this stops the cooking, allowing them to stay green and crisp). Drain the potatoes and allow to cool before assembling the salad.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, beans, shallot and vinegar, dill, olive oil, kosher salt, and a good amount of fresh ground pepper. Stir to combine; taste and add more oil, vinegar, salt, or pepper to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with feta cheese crumbles.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Green bean potato salad, Dill salad, Dill red potatoes