These crispy Greek fries are the ultimate side dish! They’re showered with Mediterranean-style toppings: feta cheese, onion and herbs.
- 6 medium Yukon gold potatoes (1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds)*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon homemade Greek Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped curly parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4 lemon wedges, for serving
- Optional: tzatziki, lemon dill sauce (our favorite), or aioli, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Evenly space the oven racks to ensure even cooking.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into fries: (Watch this video or use a fry cutter.) Wash the potatoes, leaving the skins on. Slice off the ends of each potato, then slice off part of the side to make a base. Place the potato half cut side down and cut off a 3/8-inch slice, then lay the slice on its side and cut it into several long strips. Repeat until all potatoes have been cut into fries. The pieces can be uneven, but aim for as uniform of thickness as possible. See the video for full instructions!
- Soak in cold water (10 minutes): Place the cut fries into a medium bowl and rinse with cold water until water is clear. Then fill the bowl with cold water and allow to rest for 10 minutes (while the oven preheats). Then drain the potatoes and dry them thoroughly with a clean dish towel.
- Season the fries: Add the fries to a dry bowl and toss them with the olive oil, Greek seasoning and kosher salt. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread the fries in straight lines on the paper, placing them as far apart as possible.
- Bake: Bake the fries for 20 minutes. Take them out of the oven and carefully flip each fry. Return to oven (reversing the pans on top and bottom racks). Bake additional 8 to 10 minutes until they are crisp and golden brown, watching carefully as the bake time depends on the fry thickness and your oven. (If the majority of the fries seem soft, continue to bake a few more minutes.)
- Season: Taste and add a few more pinches salt if desired.
- Garnish: Transfer fries to a platter and top with the feta cheese crumbles, breaking larger chunks into small pieces with your fingers. Add the finely chopped parsley and red onion. Serve with lemon wedges and tzatziki or lemon dill sauce.
*This makes a good amount of fries, but much less than a restaurant portion (that’s as intended!). The largest quantity of fries that fits on two baking sheets is 2 pounds, you can increase to that much if desired (adjust seasonings accordingly).
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Greek inspired
Keywords: Greek fries