This refreshingly simple grape salad with walnuts features fresh leafy greens covered in a tangy sweet poppyseed dressing.
For the poppyseed dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
For the grape salad
- 8 cups salad greens
- 1 bunch grapes
- ½ cup walnuts
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey or maple syrup, poppy seeds, Dijon mustard, and kosher salt. Then gradually whisk in the olive oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a creamy emulsion forms.
- Wash the salad greens. Wash the grapes and cut them in half.
- In a dry skillet, toast the walnuts over low heat, stirring frequently, until browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, place greens on a plate or bowl; top with grapes and toasted walnuts. Drizzle with poppyseed dressing. Any extra dressing stores in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grape Salad with Walnuts, Grape Salad, Poppyseed Dressing, Poppy Seed Dressing