This amazing gluten free pumpkin bread is fluffy and moist using no flour! Everyone will love this cozy-spiced loaf.
- 3 cups Old Fashioned rolled oats (or 3 cups purchased oat flour; do not substitute steel cut or instant oats)
- 1/2 cup sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice*
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8 or 9-inch bread pan with coconut oil or oil.
- Add the oats to a blender and blend until the oats are finely ground and resemble a flour. Add all the remaining ingredients to the blender. Blend until they all come together into a fully smooth batter, stopping and scraping the bowl of the blender as necessary.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out mostly clean (the exact timing depends on the size of pan and your oven).
- Allow to cool in the pan until room temperature (this is important for the texture). Run a knife around the edges and invert. Slice into thick pieces and serve (because it’s 100% oats, thicker slices are better). Storage info: Stores for about 3 days at room temperature: keep it on a cutting board and cover with a towel. Or store refrigerated for 1 week, or freeze it in slices for up to 3 months.
*Or use 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon each ground ginger and allspice, and 1/2 teaspoon each cloves and nutmeg.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Gluten free pumpkin bread