Ginger lemonade is zingy with a spicy kick! This summertime drink is a great way to use fresh ginger root.
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh ginger root* (3 to 4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (4 large lemons)*
- 4 cups cold water
- Wash the ginger, leaving it unpeeled. Slice it into rounds. Add the ginger to a blender with 1/2 cup of the sugar and the boiling water. Blend until it’s fully smooth, about 1 minute. Pass the liquid through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher.
- To the pitcher, add the lemon juice, the cold water, and the remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add 2 handfuls of ice to the pitcher and serve.
*3/4 cup makes a very spicy, forward ginger flavor. Use less if you prefer a milder flavor.
- Category: Drink
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Lemonade
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Ginger lemonade