This garlic broccoli pairs well with just about anything. Ready in just 30 minutes, this is the perfect weeknight side dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, stem on (about 3 large heads or 6 heaping cups florets)*
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (Alternate method: For a shortcut instead of roasting, steam the broccoli instead! Use Best Steamed Broccoli or Instant Pot Broccoli, then go to Step 3.)
- Chop the broccoli into medium-sized florets, leaving a good amount of the stem for a nice shape (see the photo). Mix the broccoli florets with 2 tablespoons olive oil and the kosher salt. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender and slightly browned (no need to stir!).
- When the broccoli is done, remove the pan from the oven. Grate the garlic onto the pan, and add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and the lemon juice. Use a spoon to gently toss it all together (separating any grated garlic that clumps together). Serve immediately.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Garlic Broccoli, Broccoli Recipe, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free, Side Dish