This garlic butter recipe makes magic with a pop of savory flavor! It’s perfectly seasoned and versatile for bread, pasta, steak and more.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 medium or 2 small garlic cloves (1/2 teaspoon grated)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Soften the butter: cut the butter in half lengthwise, then into about 12 pieces total. Let the butter sit at room temperature about 15 minutes until softened. Or, microwave on low power for a few 5 second bursts until it softens, checking after each burst and taking care not to overheat*.
- Place the butter in a bowl. Grate the garlic into the bowl, then add the fresh chives, parsley, and salt. Smash and stir into the butter until it’s fully combined.
- Use immediately, or if desired, place the butter on a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper and use the wrap to roll it into a log. Twist the ends closed and refrigerate until it’s solid enough to cut (or until serving; you can freeze it for a few minutes to speed up the process). The flavor is great right away, and gets even better after refrigeration. Use for spreading on bread, making garlic bread, pasta, steak, potatoes, and more.
*The microwave method is touchy and cooks unevenly. Be careful that you don’t overheat the butter! Typically we don’t recommend a microwave for softening butter, but since it’s not being used in a baked good, this technique works as a quick fix.
- Category: Essentials
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Garlic butter