This garlic butter noodles recipe is fast, easy, and bursting with flavor! This crowd pleasing pasta comes together in 20 minutes.
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley (use dried in a pinch)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for pasta water and to taste
- Start a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and boil until al dente (check a few minutes before the package instructions indicate). Reserve about ½ cup pasta water, then drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Toss with a little olive oil if the sauce is not yet ready.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium low heat. Add the garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant and garlic just starts to turn golden. Remove from the heat before garlic browns (watch carefully because it can brown quickly!). Reserve until the pasta is ready.
- In the skillet, toss the drained pasta, grated Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and just enough pasta water until saucy (start with 2 to 3 tablespoons). Taste again and add a few more pinches of salt if desired. Enjoy warm. Leftovers store up to 3 days refrigerated; re-warm in a skillet and add a few pinches of salt if desired.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Garlic butter noodles, butter garlic noodles, garlic butter noodles recipe