This fried egg sandwich recipe will have your heart! Here’s how to make an egg sandwich you’ll want to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Mexican hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 slices whole grain, sourdough or artisan bread
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (or olive oil for dairy free)
- 2 eggs
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Make the smoky mayo: In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, hot sauce, and smoked paprika. (Or substitute Special Sauce or Russian Dressing for Big Mac-style flavors.)
- Prep the toppings: Slice the tomato into large slices and sprinkle with a little kosher salt. Tear the romaine leaves in half. Toast the bread.
- Fry the egg: In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add the eggs and sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt and a few grinds black pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the whites are firm but the yolk is still runny (do not flip).
- Make the sandwich: To serve, top one bread slice with lettuce, tomato, a pinch of kosher salt, avocado, and egg. Slather the top slice of bread with smoky mayo and place it on top of the sandwich.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Eggs
Keywords: Fried egg sandwich, egg sandwich recipe, how to make egg sandwich