This easy vinegar coleslaw recipe is a refreshing summer side dish that pairs well with veggie burgers, sloppy joes, skewers, and more!
- 1/2 head green cabbage (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 head red cabbage (about 4 cups)
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Thinly slice the cabbage and measure out 8 cups. Thinly slice the onion and the celery.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, cider vinegar, dill, chili powder, and kosher salt. Whisk in the olive oil tablespoon by tablespoon until a creamy emulsion forms.
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, red onion, and celery with the dressing. Add ground black pepper to taste, and additional salt as necessary. Serve immediately. (Note: The slaw is best served the day that it is made; leftovers do not save well. One idea is to only add dressing to the vegetables that you plan to eat.)
Inspired by Fresh
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vinegar Coleslaw, Coleslaw Recipe, Easy Coleslaw Recipe, Vinegar Based Coleslaw