The French press is for more than just coffee: try French press tea! It’s easy to use this versatile tool to brew up a steaming cup.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons loose leaf tea (2 grams)
- 1 cup water
- Clean the French press thoroughly if you’ve previously used it for coffee. (If you make both regularly, we recommend a separate French press for tea.) Before you start, review the tea packaging for specific temperature and steep times, but the recommendations below are what we use.
- Using an electric kettle, heat the water to 180 degrees Fahrenheit for green tea or oolong tea, or 210 degrees Fahrenheit for black tea or herbal tea.
- Add the tea to the bottom of the French press, then add the water. Brew for 2 minutes for green tea or oolong tea, 4 minutes for black tea, and 5 to 10 minutes for herbal tea.
- After brewing, press down the plunger and pour the tea into your cup. (Adjust the timing to your preference for the next brew time.)
- Category: Drink
- Method: Brewed
- Cuisine: Tea
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: French press tea