These gluten free flourless peanut butter cookies are chewy and irresistibly delicious! All you need is peanut butter, sugar and egg.
- 1 large egg (or flax egg for vegan)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter*
- 1 cup light brown sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Optional: flaky sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg, then whisk in the peanut butter. brown sugar, and vanilla until a smooth dough forms. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Make 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized balls (using a size 40 cookie scoop, if you have it) and place them onto the 2 baking sheets, 5 cookies per sheet and evenly spaced about 2-inches apart. Roll the balls between your hands to make them as spherical as possible: if the dough is very sticky, lightly oil your hands to make it easier to roll*.
- Use a lightly oiled fork to flatten the balls and make a criss-cross pattern (it’s helpful to dip the fork into a small bowl of water before each one to prevent sticking).
- Top the cookies with a small sprinkle of flaky salt if desired (oops, 4th ingredient!).
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned on the bottom but still soft. Cool completely before eating. Store at room temperature in a cookie tin for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
*The consistency of the dough will vary based on the peanut butter brand. A thinner, creamier peanut butter will yield a stickier dough.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Cookies
Keywords: Gluten free peanut butter cookies, Flourless peanut butter cookies