This dense flourless chocolate almond cake is perfect for celebrations, made with ground almonds, maple syrup and of course–chocolate.
- 1 cup raw almonds (or 1 1/4 cups almond meal or almond flour)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If using whole almonds, grind the almonds very finely in a food processor until the texture is light and fluffy. (Alternatively, use almond meal or almond flour.)
- In a glass measuring cup or bowl, add the butter, maple syrup, and semisweet chocolate chips. Microwave for 10 seconds intervals, stirring after each, until fully combined. (Alternatively, use the stovetop method to melt the chocolate and stir in the butter and maple syrup until fully combined.)
- In a medium large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Then add the almond meal, cinnamon, kosher salt, cayenne pepper, and the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Butter four 5-ounce ramekins. Pour in the batter, and bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick comes out nearly clean.
- Allow to cool, then dust with powdered sugar.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate almond cake, Gluten free chocolate cake, Almond cake, Chocolate cake