Flatbread pizza is easy to make: a great appetizer or simple dinner! Use store bought flatbread to keep it fast, and pick your favorite pizza toppings.
- 4 Flatbreads (or purchased flatbreads)
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes (or 1 thin sliced tomato)
- 1 handful thin sliced red onion (optional)
- 2 handfuls baby arugula
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Balsamic Reduction, to garnish
- Toasted pine nuts, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mince the garlic. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Mix the baby arugula in a small bowl with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place the flatbreads on the oven grate and bake for 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly crisp (depends on the thickness of the bread you’re using).
- Remove the breads and place them on a baking sheet. Brush the crusts with olive oil and sprinkle with minced garlic. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and a pinch of salt. Add the cherry tomatoes and bake for 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Top with the baby arugula, shavings of Parmesan cheese. If using, drizzle with balsamic reduction and top with toasted pine nuts.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Flatbread pizza