Here’s how to make the best fish taco seasoning! This dry rub brings in zesty, savory flavor that you can use on any type of fish.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (makes enough for 1 pound fish; increase as necessary)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, for seasoning
- 1 pound white fish, like tilapia, cod or mahi mahi (wild caught preferable)
- Mix the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Store in a closed container until using. (You can also increase the quantities to make a larger batch: use 2 tablespoons of mix per 1 pound fish.)
- To use in fish tacos: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Pat the fish dry, then sprinkle it with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and pat it in. Add the fish taco seasoning as a dry rub and pat it to cover the fish. Place the fish on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, until tender. Then broil for 2 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Category: Seasonings
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: Mexican inspired
Keywords: Fish taco seasoning