Easily customized to your own taste, this restaurant style salsa pairs perfectly with chips, scrambled eggs, enchiladas, and more!
- 28-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 to 3 ounces canned fire roasted green chilies
- Half of a yellow onion
- One jalapeño pepper (or more to taste)
- Handful cilantro
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Dice the jalapeño pepper. Reserve the amount of seeds you’d like to add (remember, they are spicy!). Cut the half onion into a few chunks. Drain the can of tomatoes.
- Place the jalapeño pepper and onion in a food processor. Pulse a few times to chop.
- Add the cilantro, tomatoes, and green chilies to the food processor. Pulse several more times to achieve the desired consistency.
- Stir in around 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. To add more spiciness, add another jalapeño, some red pepper flakes, or cayenne pepper.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: restaurant style salsa, homemade salsa recipe, how to make salsa