Bursting with summer flavors, this roasted tomato salsa is made with a secret: canned fire-roasted tomatoes! It’s a winner in any season.
- 2 Anaheim peppers
- ½ small red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ to 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 lime
- 28-ounce can diced fire-roasted Muir Glen tomatoes
- Handful cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Remove the tops and seeds from the Anaheim peppers. Roughly chop the red onion. Peel 2 cloves garlic. Cut the jalapeño pepper in half and remove the seeds (leave the seeds and/or use the whole jalapeño pepper for a spicier version). Juice 1 lime.
- Char the Anaheim peppers by placing each on an open burner flame and heating until mostly blackened, turning frequently, under 1 minute per side.
- In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients and pulse until combined but still slightly chunky. Store refrigerated for up to 1 week (can also be frozen for several months: defrost and stir to recombine the liquid).
- Category: Snack
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
Keywords: Roasted Tomato Salsa, Salsa Recipe, Salsa with Canned Tomatoes, Healthy Snack, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free