Here’s how to make fajita seasoning! This homemade seasoning mix is all natural and way tastier than what you buy at the store.
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika or paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)*
- Whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl. Transfer to an airtight container or jar. Store for 6 months to 1 year in a cool, dry place.
*Most storebought fajita seasoning mixes contain salt. (Some even contain sugar.) If you prefer omitting it, you can do that as well! Keep this in mind when you’re using it to season food.
For a spicy variation, you can add cayenne pepper: start with 1/4 teaspoon and adjust to your taste.
- Category: Pantry
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Fajita Seasoning, Fajita Seasoning Mix, Homemade Fajita Seasoning