This peanut butter energy balls recipe is the best easy snack! Healthy oatmeal balls pack protein and fiber into tasty bites.
- 2 cups Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (no sugar added, or any nut butter or sunflower butter for nut free)
- 1/3 cup honey (or agave syrup for vegan)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vanilla or chocolate protein powder (optional; we use this one)*
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Freeze the bowl for 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough into 20 small balls, pressing the dough together with your hands. We used a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop (#40) to make uniform balls. You can also make smaller balls if desired. (If the texture of your nut butter makes the dough very dry, add a little more honey or a few tablespoons milk of choice until you can press it together into a ball shape.) Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
*If you prefer, you can omit the protein powder from this recipe and still have a delicious snack. You can also add natural foods like chia seeds or ground flax seeds (2 tablespoons of each has 4 grams protein).
- Category: Snack
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Snack
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Energy balls, Energy balls recipe, Peanut butter energy balls, Peanut butter oatmeal balls