This is the BEST strawberry jam. It’s tangy and sweet, all natural, and so easy. In just 15 minutes you have homemade jam: no canning tools required!
- 1 pound frozen strawberries (3 cups whole berries)*
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, plus 1/2 tablespoon zest (2 small limes or 1 large)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- In a saucepan, add the strawberries, lime juice, and 3 tablespoons water. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the berries are fully broken down. About halfway through the simmering time, begin to break down the berries by smashing them with a fork into chunky but uniform texture.
- Once the berries are broken down, stir in the maple syrup, vanilla, chia seeds, and lime zest and stir until combined, about 30 seconds. Turn off the heat.
- Let the skillet sit about 5 to 7 minutes until the chia seeds thicken the jam. Transfer to a 16-ounce canning jar and refrigerate; the texture will set even further when chilled. Stores refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
*You can also use fresh berries to make this strawberry jam: this cuts the cook time in about half. We like to use frozen berries and keep fresh berries for eating. But you could use fresh berries if you’d like!
- Category: Jam
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Strawberry Jam, Chia Jam