This easy rice bowl comes together in a flash! This fast dinner stars black beans and veggies with zingy cilantro lime ranch sauce. Variation: Try our Shrimp Rice Bowl!
For the black beans*
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained but not rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Scant 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the rice bowl
- Cook the rice, according to How to Cook Rice. (Or try Cilantro Lime Rice!)
- Cook the black beans: Mince the garlic. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds to 1 minute until fragrant but not yet browned. Add the beans (drained but not rinsed), cumin, kosher salt, and several grinds of black pepper. Cook 2 minutes until warmed through. Taste and add additional salt if desired.
- Make the sauce (see above).
- Slice the tomatoes in half. Slice the avocado. Defrost the corn. Thinly slice the red onion.
- To serve, place rice in the bowl and top with black beans and vegetables. Drizzle with the sauce and top with torn cilantro.
*If you’re cooking for 1 or 2, make half this recipe and cook 1 cup dry rice.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican inspired
Keywords: Rice Bowl, Rice Bowls