Mussels marinara is a classic Italian dish that looks way fancier than the effort involved! It’s easy, affordable, and tastes incredible.
- 1 recipe Easy Marinara Sauce (28 ounces)
- 8 ounces spaghetti or bucatini pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds mussels
- To serve: Chopped fresh basil (left over from the marinara), olive oil
- Start the Easy Marinara Sauce.
- Clean the mussels (see the section above).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta until it is al dente (start tasting a few minutes before the package recommends: you want it to be tender but still a little firm on the inside). Then drain.
- After the marinara sauce has simmered for 15 minutes, add the mussels and cook covered over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes until they open. Stirring several times.
- To serve, place pasta in a dish and spoon mussels and marinara over the pasta. Garnish with chopped basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Mussels Marinara, Mussels Recipe