This marinated tofu doesn’t even need to be cooked! Flavored with soy, sesame oil and ginger, this easy tofu recipe will be your new favorite. (It’s ours.)
- 12 to 16 ounces block of extra firm or firm tofu
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon gochujang sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (or toasted sesame seeds)
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- Remove the tofu from the package and drain liquid. Cut tofu into half lengthwise and place it in a large bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes; this helps to extract liquid.
- Drain off excess liquid released in the microwave. Place the two pieces on a towel; place another folded towel on top and add a cutting board and a heavy object. Allow to press for 15 minutes until the water is drained.
- Cut each square into 16 pieces, for 32 squares total. Place them all in the bowl with the marinade and stir very gently. Add marinade and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, stirring gently halfway through. Stores refrigerated for 5 days.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Marinated
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Marinated tofu