This homemade easy marinara sauce is full of tangy tomato flavor and takes just over 15 minutes to make: no chopping required!
- 28 ounce can crushed fire roasted tomatoes (or best quality crushed tomatoes)*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- In a large saucepan, place the crushed tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, oregano, kosher salt, and whole basil leaves.
- Bring to a simmer, then cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- If desired, pulse with a blender: All crushed tomato brands are different, and some may be chunkier than other. If you’d like, pulse the sauce a bit in a blender or immersion blend to get to the desired texture (we like ours a little chunky, but you could make it fully smooth too).
*If you can’t find fire roasted tomatoes, use the best quality tomatoes you can find. Taste the tomatoes before you start. If they taste bitter, you may need to simmer the sauce a little longer than the stated timing. Fire roasted tomatoes taste sweet right out of the can so they can simmer less time, whereas other brands taste bitter and need longer to simmer.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Marinara Sauce, Classic Marinara Sauce, Homemade Marinara Sauce, Homemade Marinara, Best Red Sauce