Pressure cooker oatmeal is an easy breakfast! The best Instant Pot oatmeal is made with rolled oats, toasted until fragrant then cooked for just 3 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil*
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk or almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Toppings: Milk, maple syrup, banana, toasted walnuts, etc.
- Turn on Saute mode and add the butter to the Instant Pot. When it is heated, add the oats and toast for 3 minutes, stirring often, until fragrant. Add the milk, water, salt and cinnamon.
- Cook on High Pressure for 3 minutes: Press the Pressure Cook button, making sure the “High Pressure” setting is selected, and set the time. Note that it takes about 4 minutes (or 10 minutes, if the recipe is doubled) for the pot to “preheat” and come up to pressure before it starts cooking. During cooking, avoid touching the metal part of the lid.
- Quick release: Vent the remaining steam from the Instant Pot by moving the pressure release handle to “Venting”, covering your hand with a towel or hot pad. Never put your hands or face near the vent when releasing steam. Open the pressure cooker lid and stir the oatmeal. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
*This recipe is easy to double or triple to feed a crowd! Keep in mind that the preheat time increases with more ingredients. A doubled recipe takes about 10 minutes to preheat and tripled takes about 15 minutes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Oatmeal, rolled oats, old fashioned oats, easy, fast