This easy homemade teriyaki sauce recipe takes only 5 minutes to make and has no refined sugar or preservatives! You’ll never buy teriyaki sauce again.
- 1/4 cup regular soy sauce (or substitute tamari or coconut aminos)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- For the homemade teriyaki sauce: Combine the soy sauce, maple syrup, and rice wine vinegar in a medium saucepan and set over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with the water and whisk until dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan.
- Heat the sauce for a few minutes, whisking constantly, until it becomes very thick, smooth and glossy. Remove the sauce to a bowl and cool the sauce while you make the remainder of the recipe. (You can also make the teriyaki in advance and refrigerate until serving.) If the sauce becomes too thick after cooling, add a very small amount of warm water a little at a time to return to the desired consistency.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Japanese American
Keywords: Homemade Teriyaki Sauce, Easy Teriyaki Sauce, Easy Homemade Teriyaki Sauce, Teriyaki, Sauce