This quick pizza dough in a food processor recipe will put pizza on your table in less than 45 minutes. You can’t beat that speed for homemade pizza dough.
- 300 grams all-purpose or Tipo 00 flour (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast (1 package)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon warm water
- In a food processor, combine flour, yeast, salt, and olive oil.
- With the food processor on, slowly (I mean slowly, like over 30 seconds) start pouring in the warm water. Stop adding water when the dough forms into a single ball. If you add too much water and the dough gets sticky, just add a bit more flour.
- Leave the food processor on for about 10 more seconds to knead the dough a bit.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured counter and knead a few times until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces. Using floured hands, gently shape each half into a boule (ball shape) by folding the dough under itself. Set each boule on a floured surface and dab the dough with a bit of olive oil to keep it moist. Cover the bowls with a towel or inverted bowls and rest for 30 minutes.
- To stretch the dough, place it on a lightly floured surface and gently press it into a circle, flipping several times and adding a pinch of flour if it is too sticky. Once you have about an 8-inch circle, pick up the dough and gently drape it over the knuckles on both of your hands. Slowly rotate it around, allowing gravity to stretch it into a circle about 11 inches in diameter. Do not overwork or fold the dough. If the dough starts to resist stretching, put it down and allow it to rest for a few minutes, at which point it will stretch more easily.
- We bake our pizzas at 500F and use a pizza peel to transfer it to a preheated pizza stone in the oven: the bake time is around 5 to 7 minutes. See our pizza recipe posts for baking instructions.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: food processor pizza dough, quick pizza dough, easy pizza dough recipe