Here’s the best way to eat edamame as an easy snack or side dish! This irresistible edamame recipe is flavored with garlic, sesame oil and salt.
- 1 pound frozen edamame in pods (in the shell)
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil*
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt, plus more for the water
- Spicy variation: add about 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce, to taste
- Optional garnish: Toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the edamame and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Boil the edamame until bright green and tender, about 4 to 5 minutes, then drain.
- Place the edamame in a bowl. Add the toasted sesame oil and salt, then grate the garlic clove into the bowl (using a microplane). Toss gently until everything is evenly coated, breaking up any clumps of the garlic that stick together. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve warm, with a smaller bowl for the discarded pods.
*Make sure to look for toasted, not regular sesame oil. It has a much stronger flavor.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Edamame Recipe