This best blueberry crisp is easy to make and tastes SO good. The crumble topping is perfectly crunchy and the filling is pure, tangy blueberry!
For the filling
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the topping
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon culinary lavender, crushed under the bottom of a glass until powdery (optional)*
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8-inch pie plate or a cast-iron skillet.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, toss together the blueberries, vanilla, lemon juice, arrowroot and salt until well coated. Transfer the filling to the prepared pie plate.
- Make the topping: Wipe out the bowl, then chop the butter into small pieces and add it to the bowl, with the oats, coconut sugar, almond flour, vanilla, salt, and lavender. Pinch it all together with your fingertips until it forms a shaggy, sandy dough. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the filling.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the filling bubbles and the topping is golden brown. Allow to cool at least 15 minutes.
*The lavender is optional, but it really steps up the dish!
Reprinted with permission from Healthier Together by Liz Moody
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Blueberry Crisp, Easy Blueberry Crisp