This easy oven baked shrimp recipe has the best flavor and is totally hands off! It’s seasoned to perfection with garlic and herbs.
- 1 pound large shrimp, deveined (tail on or off)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano*
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Lemon wedges
- Chopped parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or preheat the broiler.
- If frozen, thaw the shrimp.
- Mince the garlic. Pat the shrimp dry. In a medium bowl, toss with the shrimp with the olive oil, garlic, oregano, onion powder, and kosher salt.
- Baked method: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the shrimp on a baking sheet in an even layer. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake until juicy and opaque, about 4 to 6 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp.
- Broiler method: Place the shrimp on a baking sheet in an even layer. Place the baking sheet in the broiler and broil for 3 to 6 minutes, until juicy and opaque, rotating the tray as necessary for even cooking.
- Spritz with fresh lemon juice from lemon wedges, sprinkle with chopped parsley or cilantro, and serve immediately.
*Or vary the seasonings: try 1/2 teaspoon each smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Baked shrimp, Roasted shrimp