Got fresh summer tomatoes? This cucumber tomato onion salad brings out the beauty of ripe tomatoes in a way you’ll want to eat again and again.
- 4 to 6 large ripe tomatoes, multicolored if desired
- 1 large cucumber (we like English cucumbers)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs (such as basil, thyme, oregano)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Slice the onion into half moons and soak in water for 10 minutes to reduce the bite.
- Meanwhile, slice cucumbers into half circles. Slice tomatoes into wedges, leaving the seeds intact. Finely chop the herbs.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir gently to combine. Cover and rest for 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours) before serving.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Cucumber onion tomato salad, Cucumber tomato onion salad