This cucumber salad with vinegar is perfect for barbecues and picnics, a refreshing mix of tangy and salty sliced cucumbers and onions.
- 2 large, thin cucumbers (English if possible)
- 1 small yellow or white onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (optional)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Slice the cucumbers as thin as possible, using a mandolin if desired. Peel and thinly slice the onion into half moon shapes. Layer the cucumbers and onions in a large shallow bowl; add the dill (if using).
- In a small bowl, mix the white vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the cucumbers and onions, mixing everything together to ensure even coverage. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Stir again to evenly mix the dressing. Then serve with a slotted spoon. Store refrigerated for up to 7 days; the flavor even improves over time!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: German
Keywords: Cucumber Salad Vinegar, Cucumber Salad, German Cucumber Salad, Salad Recipes, Vegan Salad Recipes, Easy Side Dish Recipes